In this article, We will be writing about “How to use Snap Layout in Windows 11
Most of us may not like the new Windows 11 because of its less functional taskbar and some other things, But there are some features like Snap layout in Windows 11. If you ever worked with multiple Applications at the same time, You know how time-taking and frustrating it is to adjust all those Applications manually
Also read: How to use Microsoft Teams on Windows 11
But in the same scenario, if we have the snap layout in Windows 11, A feature that organizes your applications automatically and provides you with a more efficient working experience, You will be in love with Windows 11.
This is not a new feature, Its available since Windows 7, But the difference is that it only supported to snap two windows side by side. Snap layout was upgraded to support up to four windows in Windows 10. And now on Windows 11, it is even more interesting that the user can give visual guidance to adjust its windows
How to Enable Snap Layout in Windows 11
- Go to the settings of your Windows 11 and click on the “System”.
- Now, click on the“Multitasking” page on the right side.
- Click on the “Snap Windows” toggle switch to enable Snap Layout in Windows 11.
Now as you have completed the above steps and enabled your Snap Layout feature, So you can proceed to adjust the settings.
Configuration of Snap Layout in Windows 11
- Click on the “Snap Window” to get a drop-down menu.
- Now, Carefully read the options given in the drop-down menu and enable or disable the options according to your need
Right after completing the above steps, You will be able to use snap assist according to your configuration.
How to disable Snap Layout in Windows 11
Snap Layout feature comes enabled by default mostly, In case, You want to Disable the Snap Layout feature in Windows 11, Then simply follows the instructions given below.
- Open “Settings”.
- Click on the “System”.
- Now, Click on the “Multitasking” page on the right side of your screen or desktop.
- Then simply click on the toggle switch to Disable Snap Layout. (just like we did to Enable it)
How to Use Snap Layout in Windows 11
The Interesting part of this article is that, How can we use Snap Layout Feature. There are three ways to use it on Windows 11,
- First Method: Use “keyboard shortcut keys” to arrange them as you want.
- Second Method: Use your “Mouse” to “Drag and Drop” them in the location you want to snap them.
- Third Method: Hower your cursor over the “Maximize Button” to create different Snap Groups.
FAQ’S (About Windows 11)
Q1; How do I move my taskbar?
Ans; To move the taskbar Click an empty space on the taskbar, and then hold down the mouse button as you drag the taskbar to one of the four edges of the desktop. When the taskbar is where you want it, release the mouse button.
Q2; How Do I Restore the Old Start Menu in Windows 11?
Ans; Follow the steps below,
- Go to “Settings”.
- Select “Personalization”.
- Click on “Taskbar”.
- Scroll down to “Taskbar behaviors”.
- Go to “Taskbar alignment” and select Left in the drop-down menu.
- “Restart” your computer to apply the changes.
Q3; Does the Classic start menu work with Windows 11?
Ans; The Windows 11 start menu looks quite different but it works exactly in the same way as Windows 10 start menu.
Q4; How much will Windows 11 cost?
Ans; it will be a free upgrade for eligible PCs.
Q5; How do I arrange windows in Windows 11?
Ans; You can use the Snap Layout feature to arrange all your open windows.